Thursday, February 9, 2012

Groups

I have experienced blended group projects where some people are online and some are in class.  Last semester I was in a group with five people and two of us were on campus while another was in Arizona and the other two were located in the metro area.  We managed to find a time when all of us could Skype which I thought was incredible.  We managed to meet once towards the beginning of the project and once towards the end.  We delegated tasks and completed the project on time.  The tasks that we split up were shared which was a big help.
Other group projects I have done were totally asynchronous besides shared class time.  These types of groups are a bit more challenging because they do not offer the instant feedback that is sometimes critical to collaboration.  I like to be able to talk projects out to understand who needs to do what and to make sure that everything is going in the right direction.
I look forward collaborating the individuals in my discussion group.  We got to meet synchronously and discuss the dynamics of our group. I think it went well and we have a better understanding of what each of us is looking for out of the weekly discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment