Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The final days

My viewpoint of distance education has changed over the course of this class. I use to think I would not like week after week of being at my computer instead of in a classroom. However, I have made a 180 degree turn on my viewpoint regarding a completely submerged online class and because of this I am daring to do it again in the fall.
My only qualms about this class is the structure of meeting every other week. I like my classes to be consistent week after week and though it was nice getting a week off twice a month I don't feel like I really recieved anything from the online text discussion. I feel that I learned more during the times I was "in" class verses reading articles and writing about them. This, in part, is due to the way I learn. I am an auditory and visual learner so I feel that might be why I didn't get a lot out of it.
This semester was a fun one and I'm glad I took this course. I learned a lot that can help me develop and understand online instruction better. I feel like I have the resources to find information if I am called upon to develop an online class.

No comments:

Post a Comment