Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh boy my first blog post ever...

January 15th
I will start out with some background information as far as my experience with online education and distance learning.  I enjoy the face to face classes as much as possible so I have minimal experience with the atmosphere of distance learning.  During the summer of 2011 I did take a class that I participated in half online and half in class.  It was nice to be able to attend from home and save the gas money but I felt like I didn't get the whole experience through AdobeConnect.
This class will be my first asynchronous class and I do have some concerns because I feel like it will throw my schedule off and that in between this week and the following week when we meet again I will forget to do something.  To help with this I have installed a homework application on my ipad to help remind me of when things are due.
I'm looking forward to learning about Digital Literacy and alternate reality learning which I think refers to virtual environments.  I have experience using Second Life, not for teaching, but for recreational use.  I learned about it in 2006 and slowly have watched it come into the mainstream for businesses and education.
I hope to learn a lot from this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment